Monday, October 11, 2010

Microswitch reliability tested to 10,000,000 cycles

Microswitch reliability tested to 10,000,000 cycles


If you buy a button online it’s tested to a certain number of clicks
A friend told me this long ago at a party
My parents came to visit recently and when they left
This thought
One about buttons occurred to me
With them how many cycles will I have


The first hug in a long time from each of them click
A look a pride in their eyes click
Her offering to help again and again click
Her indecision and his impatience click
She slowly unfolds an oriyoki cloth click
He jumps up to turn pages for the pianist click
He shuffles in the zendo click
Offering her a blanket because its cold click
Their discomfort but willingness to try almost anything click
Looking for him and knowing I’ll find him working on a computer click
Annoyed but glad that I know him so well click
Driving up the coast for 2 hours and talking about his business click
Listening to him make a subtle pitch so clever click
Talking about dorky grammatical subjects with her in the cutest way click
Stumbling upon a heart walk with him click and joining in for a few blocks click
Looking at guitars which he talk me to play click
Feeling slightly embarrassed by him as strangers to take our picture click and not knowing why click
Listening to her subtle descriptions click
Seeing a look of pride in her eyes when she talks about me click
They laugh at underground tour cheesy jokes click
He groans loudly at the bad ones on cue click
He buys her little horse trinkets at pikes market click
Knowing how much he loves her click and her him click
She talks and people listen click her ideas fresh her eyes bright click
He manages to talk about his business as well click
his eyes lighting with the same spark click
We pull off the interstate 5 times to try and watch a football game click
They came to see my new city click
He takes a picture of a crusty kid with a misspelled sign that says smile if you masterbate click
She buys me two books just cause she wants to click
They tell me about their direct experience of spirituality click
She speaks from her heart about church click
They ask me tough questions but listen to my answers click
The best vegetarian meal he ever had click
She remembers we left food in the room click
He urges early arrival at the airport click
We sit and have coffee before they go click
He gave me a 20 click
She gives me a 20 click
Seeing her eyes tear up as she leaves click
Trying not to cry myself click
Finding it hard not to turn around as I walk away to see them one more time click
Thinking I should move back to Nashville click dinner with them every sunday click
How many more?
click . . . click . . click

No comments:

Post a Comment