Friday, July 16, 2010

The Speed

The speed at which the outside world moves blows me away sometimes.
I just talked with a good old friend and I found myself breathless after the conversation.
This often happen when I interact with the world outside the monastery. It just moves so fast.
I don't think there is anything wrong with it it's just that the pace can be exahusting. It makes me very grateful for how slow things move. So I wrote this about it.

Like a glacier
zen practice will not relent
it slowly forms the earth underneath
on top all you see is calm white
but underneath
over ages and hours of silent sitting
the slowest changes you can't watch
the earth is being formed anew
it is being molded by patient will 
so when the calm white passes
nothing will ever be as it was

No comments:

Post a Comment